Collette Dinnigan is at the top of her game. As her Fall 2013 collection drops into stores, ModaMaison wanted to get close and personal with the garments and explore their darker side, in our first ever editorial shoot for this blog!
No other Australian designer could claim showing on the Paris schedule for the past eighteen years. This geographical catwalk location has influenced the collections over time, and the Fall 2013 collection ‘The Incredible Darkness of Being’ sheds a new light on the usually feminine collections. This one is a combination of the beautiful thick wools and textured French laces which make up the ‘Collette’ signature, but there’s now a rare new addition of leather details.
As her influence has grown, Collette Dinnigan has a number of accolades that again, no other Australian designer could claim to have achieved, including the opening of multiple international stores, being appointed as advisor on the South Australian Wool board or as a chairperson for the NSW Small Business Development Corporation, the birth children’s collection, a stamp issued by Australia Post, the launch of a successful bridal line, collaborative lingerie collections with Marks & Spencer and with Target, a diffusion collection which is stocked in Net-A-Porter as well as 100 stores globally, a collaboration with the Australian Ballet to design a range of tutu’s, and the honour of receiving the 5th Australian Fashion Laureate Award- recognising outstanding creative and intellectual achievement in the Australian Fashion industry. Phew!
1. Collette Dinnigan Italian stretch brocade and leather fitted dress
2. Collette Dinnigan noir lace and wool coat and Italian stretch brocade high waist pants with Akubra ‘Capote’ style wide-brim hat from Strandhatters
3. Collette Dinnigan ‘Gilt Rose’ high neck top with leather and Japanese cotton croc pencil skirt
4. Collette Dinnigan noir lace and beads trim dress with crepe bow belt (worn around neck)
5. Collette Dinnigan lace high neck fitted dress with Akubra ‘Capote’ style wide-brim hat from Strandhatters
Available at collettedinnigan.com